Beach Park Event Center Policies
Click Here for Rental Facility Polices and Procedures
The Facility Rental Policies and Procedures is a comprehensive guide to all rules and regulations regarding rental of a facility with the City of
Des Moines. Below is an overview of some key points. Please use the PDF link above to review the document in its entirety
Facility Use Application:
Renters are responsible for the conduct of all members of their party. Disorderly conduct, intoxicated persons, or disturbance of the public peace
will result in being required to vacate the premises, as well as forfeiture of damage deposit and rental fees. Reservations are accepted up to two
years in advance. The following are required to book a facility:
- A damage deposit, signed Facility Use Agreement and signed Policies and Procedures. We do not hold facilities without a damage deposit on file.
- One additional adult may be listed on the Facility Use Agreement as Alternate Contact Person.
- Renter and Alternate Contact (if any) must be at least 21 years of age and at least one MUST be present during the entire event unless approved
30 days prior to the event date.
- 100% of the Damage Deposit is due at time of submitting the Facility Use Application to secure a facility and reserve a date.
- DAMAGE DEPOSITS INCLUDE A NON-REFUNDABLE $175.00 BOOKING AND MAINTENANCE FEE ($30.00 Booking and Maintenance fee for Picnic Shelters)
- Refunds are contingent upon the condition of the building following your event.
- Payment methods accepted are: Visa/MasterCard, Cash, Check or Money Order
- Rental fees vary per building please contact the office for current pricing. All quotes are only valid for 90 days after the quote date.
- Rental fees must be paid in full thirty (30) days prior to the event.
- Rental fees not paid by due date are subject to a $25 late fee per business day. Failure to pay rental fees in full by the due date may
also be deemed cancellation by Renter, at the option of the City.
- Payment methods accepted are: Visa/MasterCard, Cash, Check or Money Order.
- Bookings made less than 30 days prior must pay ALL FEES in full at the time of booking.
Day of Details:
Please review your event permit in detail to ensure that all times, rental requests, and services needed are expressed thirty (30) days prior to your event.
To help answer your questions, here are some general expectations and housekeeping items.
What We Do:
You should expect to:
- Provide one on-site staff person for the duration of your event.
- Walk through of the facility to show the areas and supplies you have access to.
- Provide tables and chairs at each facility – call or email for current inventory.
- Assist in answering questions and troubleshooting during your event.
- Guide your clean up and walk through the building to inspect prior to your departure.
- Maintain main room restrooms and ensure they are stocked and clean throughout the event
- Our staff will not handle large spills, broken glass or hazardous materials
- Empty city owned garbage and recycling cans
- Monitor the parking lot to ensure all cars are parked legally.
- Please note if there is more than one event taking place in the Beach Park then it will be festival style/first come, first served
parking for guest of events taking place.
- Ensure that alcohol is only consumed at events with proper permits and ensure that all alcohol stays within the facility.
NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED OUTSIDE IN OUR PARKS OR LOTS.
- Arrive at your scheduled start time. We do not allow early drop off or set up.
- Set up all tables, chairs and other supplies as needed for your event.
- Bring all your own extension cords, tape and ladders. We do not provide any of these items.
- You will need to provide all items required for food storage, service and prep.
- Tear down all tables, chairs and other supplies following your event.
- Kitchen cleaning is NOT included in Tear down Fee. Renter/Caterer MUST clean kitchen as needed.
- Go through a Rental Inspection Checklist with Facility Attendant before and after event.
- Remove all guests and personal items by your contracted end time.
If you plan to host a party with alcohol in a City building, please note the following:
Items to Note with Alcohol at an event:
- No Alcohol is allowed at ANY event that is in celebration of a minor. For example, High School Graduation, Christening, Birthday Party for any person under the age of 21.
- Any group misrepresenting their event as something other than what it is in an effort to bypass the above rule will forfeit their entire damage deposit as penalty.
- Provide a Certificate of Insurance naming the City of Des Moines as additional insured.
- Purchase of an appropriate State Liquor permit to display at your event. Please provide either:
- A Banquet Permit (to serve alcohol can be obtained at https://lcb.wa.gov/ )
- Special Occasion Liquor Permit (to sell alcohol)
- Insurance costs vary per event type and size. See 'Insurance Requirements,' for details on getting a quote.
- Rental clients are responsible for the behavior of their party.
- Any item stored in ice must be kept off floors. Please bring absorbent material for underneath to avoid puddles as these are a tripping hazard.
- Alcohol is not permitted outside, in parking lots, parks or similar at any time.
- Underage drinking NOT permitted and will result in termination of the rental agreement.
- If an event is booked as a non-alcohol event and improperly serves alcohol, the rental will be terminated and all damage deposits will be surrendered.
— *Note: Expulsion from a city facility, for any reason, results in forfeiture of all fees and deposits with no refund.
All events are required to have Event Insurance for a minimum policy of $1,000,000.00 with the City of Des Moines listed as the additional insured
(including Picnic Shelter rentals). You must use the address for the Facility you are renting on your insurance.
The required insurance policy is: Commercial General Liability insurance and/or Host Liquor Liability Insurance with limits of $1 million each,
combined single limits per occurrence naming the City of Des Moines as an additional insured.
Events serving alcohol must also acquire Host Liquor Liability Coverage for a minimum of $1,000,000.00 with the City of Des Moines listed as the additional insured.
*Note: Bounce houses must be rented from an accredited company, require proper insurance and must be staffed by the rental company when inflated.
Renters may obtain insurance by contacting their own agency or through the Washington Cities Insurance Authority (WCIA) carrier at:
The City of Des Moines has implemented Paid Parking in both the Beach Park and Marina lots. Current parking regulations can be found on the City of Des Moines
website at www.desmoineswa.gov
, under Municipal Code 15.12. Current rates are available on the
homepage of the Des Moines Marina website at www.desmoinesmarina.com
Please note, parking is NOT included in facility rental prices. Guests will be responsible for paying for parking during their event. Renters
have the option of pre-purchasing parking vouchers to distribute to their guests, so they can park free of charge. Pre-purchased parking
vouchers will be the subject of a separate agreement and will not guarantee a space for your guests. Refund of unused vouchers will be
governed by the separate voucher agreement.